Firearms Qualification Course
Below is a general description of the U.S. Border Patrol's Qualification Course of Fire:
- The course of fire uses a target similar to above (DHT-SQT).
- 50 rounds of ammunition is expended.
- Agents fire rounds from the following distances:
- 25 yards
- 15 yards
- 10 yards
- 7 yards
- 5 yards
- 1.5 yards
- Agents shoot from the kneeling and standing positions.
- Agents shoot two-handed, strong hand only, weak hand only and strong hand (bent elbow).
- Agents fire from the holster and from the ready pistol position.
- Agents shoot at center mass and at alternate aiming points.
- Agents must conduct emergency reloads, and move offline during the course.
- Agent must score 40 of 50 possible points to pass.